Yes, that’s right, I have two new projects started. Well, three really, if you count a smaller one that is for a gift swap at the end of the month. No pictures of that until after the swap, though!
Still trying to rework Joan’s Cinderella pattern into the color scheme I want. I have the mental image of it, just need to get it translated into the pattern. In the meantime, I picked Mirabilia’s Shakespeare’s Fairies and Nimue’s Claire de Lune to stitch.
Shakepeare’s Fairies is being stitched on an opalescent linen solo from Silkweaver. It was a beautiful piece, but so long and skinny I wasn’t sure what to use it for. This patterns seems to fit perfectly with it. Of course, once I started stitching the first dress, I realized that the colors blended almost perfectly with the fabric. Not good! So I had to pull out a bit, and then alter the dress colors of all the fairies. I’ll need to change beads too, but I think I’ll wait until I have a bit more done so I can actually see what will look good with it. Fingers crossed that it works out well!
This dress is closest to the original colors, but she’ll have the fairies on either side of her to set off her colors from the background.
I am stitching Claire de Lune on Fairie’s Deep Woods aida from Sunny Dyes. It is an adorable design, and I decided to break away from my fairies/mermaids/etc for a bit on this one. I think it will look great on this fabric because it has the soft green at the bottom (for behind the mushroom bit), and the stormy grey at the top (for behind the moon). I am changing out french knots for beads, and I may add some sparkly kreinik in there. We’ll see.
In personal news, not sure when I will be able to get another update picture. My digital camera died about a week ago, the same day my Sony Reader did. I scrounged up the money for a Nook to replace the reader, and was able to get a fairly good replacement camera as well. Last night, I woke to a crash around 3:00 am. I turned the light on to find my kitty staring at her water bowl. I look down and see…my new digital camera. She had pulled it off the dresser and of course it landed in the water bowl. Of course it did. So right now I have it sitting in a bowl of rice, hoping that I can get all the moisture out and have a usable camera at the end of it. I’ll know more in a week or so. Sigh