Mermaid WIP Update

I’ve just started on the top part of the second mermaid, which is the one I am converting to purples.  Unfortunately, I discovered that the Kreinik braid I picked out of my stash to use in this section happened to be #8 instead of #4.  Not sure how a #8 snuck into my stash as I have never used it, but this did necessitate me having to order the right size.  Bother.

Also, I decided I wanted this mermaid to have lighter hair than the other, so I am also converting the colors for that.  I will start work on the hair tomorrow, so hopefully it will come out nicely.  The fins I will keep the same colors, because I like the contrast it has with the new colors of the bodies.  Also, I’m not a fan of the blended colors.  Just so you know.  😛

Lots of bling on this design with all the metallics and beads.  I’ve attached over 500 beads so far, and there is something like 2200+ beads in all.  Yowser!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: